Healthy Eating & Nutrition
What is Healthy Eating?
There is more than one way to eat healthfully and everyone has their own eating style. Make healthier choices that reflect your preferences, culture, traditions, and budget. Choose fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, and protein foods to get the most nutrition and meet your personal calorie needs. Aim for a variety of foods and beverages from each food group and limit saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars.
What and how much you eat and drink, along with regular physical activity, can help you manage your weight and lower your risk of dis-ease.
The saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars found in foods and beverages are important for you to think about as you build your healthy eating style. Saturated fat and sodium are sometimes found naturally in foods and beverages. Sugars, sodium, and ingredients high in saturated fat can also be added during processing or preparing foods and beverages.
Create an eating style that can improve your health now and in the future by making small changes over time. Consider changes that reflect your personal preferences, culture and traditions. Think of each change as a “win” as you build positive habits and find solutions that reflect your healthy eating style. Each change is a My Win that can help you build your healthy eating style. Use the tips and links below to find little victories that work for you.
Golden Rules of Health
- Stop Putting Poisons into your body
- It takes 5-7 times the normal amount of nutrition to rebuild and repair than to maintain.
- Nothing heals in the human body in less than 3 month (add one month for every year you’ve been had health problems.
- Have moderation in all things.
- Make peace with nature.
- Live closer to G’d.
- You must take responsibility for yourself and your health.
- Eat as much raw food as possible.
- Exercise regularly for the rest of your life.
- Practice and learn to understand completely Herrings Law of cure.
“All cures start from within then out from the head down and in the reverse order as symptoms have appeared.”
Herbs have three (3) Major Functions
- – Activate – the organs the herb is related to – i.e., Cascara Sagrada activates the colon by increasing peristaltic action.
- – Build – the cells with vitamins and minerals – i.e., Yellow Dock contains 40% iron which builds red blood cells.
- – Cleanse – The major functions of herbs is cleansing. i.e., Liver, Gall Bladder
Normal herbal dosage: 1 capsule per 25 lbs. per day.
Most health program will take 3-4 months of full program for cells to change, then maintenance or mini-program. Red blood cells replace themselves every 120 days.
Our bodies are uniquely made. A three (3) inch square of skin contains:
3 million cells
100 nerve endings
10 hair follicles
1 yard blood vessels
15 sebaceous glands
We have 100 trillion cells. If we give proper nutrients and water, and eliminate toxins for 120 days, every cell can be rebuilt and function normally.
Five items your body needs each day: Vitamins & Minerals, Essential Fatty Acid, Antioxidant, Macro Mineral, and Food Enzymes.